Sunday, March 27, 2011

Prayer Request for our Family

Sally and I would ask that you remember my dad (Leo) and mom (Wanda). Dad
was just readmitted to the hospital Saturday with strept pneumonia. Mom has
strept throat. In January my Dad had pneumonia and was hospitalized. He
was just discharged from rehab this past week after two months of PT. He and
mom just moved into a new apartment in the same town as my sister Gloria.

We know that God is sovereign over all things and we trust Him as always.
But it is really hard to be 8,000+ miles away when your family is in times
of trouble. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm whining, just stating a truth.
I know it is not easy for my sister and brother-in-law to be in the thick of
it all every day either. On Friday, they had just gone up North to see
Barry's mother as she had just had a stroke. She passed away on Saturday
and while there, they got a call that dad was sick. We were glad that our
two daughters were at my sisters this weekend and were able to help out
some. (We are really blessed as Gloria and Barry have taken care of our kids
since they came back to America and have made their house our kids house.
They even have a room for our girls in their house.)

When we left the US for full time service over here, we knew that times like
this would come. They are hard on the whole family. We trust God and are
praying for healing for my dad and mom, peace for mom as she sees her
husband in the hospital once again, for strength for my sister and her
husband, and wisdom for the health care staff. Pray for us to experience
the peace that surpasses all understanding, and that that peace will guard
our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Phil 4:4-6).

Daily by His grace (today, moment by moment by His grace),
Larry and Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment