Monday, March 14, 2011

Can You Think of 50 Reasons Jesus Christ Died?

How far did you get in making your list?  It is tough, but if you really think hard and search the Scriptures you will find so many reasons.  As we approach the greatest days in our Christian calendar, Good Friday and Easter, I want to urge you to consider doing something.  
 
On the Desiring God website you can download John Piper’s book “Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die” for FREE.  It is in PDF format and not so big to download (less than 1MB).
 
I copied the following right from the Desiring God website page.  You can also download the accompanying study guide for free as well (I posted the links below).
 

In this book, revised and updated from the previously published The Passion of Jesus Christ, John Piper has gathered
from the New Testament fifty reasons behind the crucifixion of the Christ.
Not fifty causes, but fifty purposes—in answer to
the most important question facing us in the twenty-first century:
Why did Jesus suffer and die?


 
I would encourage you to read a section a day (they are only 2-3 short pages) as your devotional over the next weeks.  I will guarantee that you will be blessed.  I have read this book the past 4 years and each time I have been blessed and humbled.  I pray that you will be also.
 
Daily by His grace,
Larry and Sally
 
LINK FOR BOOK:
 
http://s3.amazonaws.com/media2.desiringgod.org/resources/documents/2289/bpojc_all%20(1).pdf
 
LINK FOR LEADERS GUIDE:
 
http://www.desiringgod.org/media/pdf/books_b50r/b50r_leaders_guide.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment