Friday, February 10, 2012

Lots of opinions

Ever talked with a group of doctors and got more opinions than the number of docs? This week I feel so blessed to be part of a group of over 235 medical missionaries from all over the continent of Africa and 105 visiting teaching doctors and staff from the USA/Canada. I have gotten lots of opinions on various "problem cases" that i have been facing at our hospital.

The meeting is the 32nd CMDA gathering. It provides me with a source of CME (continuing medical education) credits which I need to maintain my Tanzanian and American medical licenses. But even more than the great teaching is the opportunity to fellowship with other medical missionaries and talk about various challenges that we face. We are blessed too to have a visiting pastor speaker for our morning chapel service. It is so awesome to sing praises to God together with 340+ health care professionals. It is humbling.

Sally and I are here together as CMDA has a spouse program as well. She has been blessed to be together with 40 other spouses.

We are so thankful for the support we have from our organization to attend this meeting every two years. Well, another lecture is beginning so I better go.

Daily by his grace...

No comments:

Post a Comment